Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

W3_AR Readings

I practiced more with Mindmeister this week, adding notes to some of the entries.  I will be contacting my critical friends and get them connected to share the 2 mindmaps (as soon as I learn it better).  I added more features to this one, by adding notes and experimenting with the layout.   The four articles I reviewed this week included: an article about a mentor program designed to encourage girls to go into technology, math and science fields, tips for creating the best mentor programs, and 2 formalized mentor programs designed around the pharmaceutical industustry and corporate America.  The last two articles definitely had applications that are relevant to a high school mentor program. I have also begun to track the themes related to career goal setting, employment skills, self-esteem and efficacy that are appearing as common ideas in the research and purpose behind mentoring programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment