Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 3, 2010

BP3_Diigo Groups

Introduction to Diigo Groups
and Research Organization
What an amazing tool Diigo is! And once I’m able to learn all the technical operations, I’ll be able to incorporate its use in my action research and any other research I conduct in the future.  After taking the tour of the site I’m learning that different selections of a document can be tagged and highlighted, for later annotation and retrieval.  Sections of a document, graphics and charts can be marked, or tagged for later access, saved and shared with others. Tabbed sections are organized for My Library, My Network and My Group. You invite others to share as well as you have the ability to “follow” along with other groups and quickly view articles they have garnered that may be of interest. My Group is called Action Research Motivation and E-mentoring. I plan to watch the video a few more times to get the hang of marking and saving other documents, making or using electronic “sticky notes” to highlight or capture images to view later or share.  I have yet to discover if it works on only live links or if the same tools apply to pdf files already on ones computer.  I have many articles already saved that I want to share with my critical friends electronically, and being able to highlight the specific sections of an lengthy paper will be a great way to work collaboratively with them.  I already found a group outside of our FSO community from Australia called E-learning innovations, to follow.  I can easily see how useful this new tool will be.  Now to practice and learn how to maneuver within it’s structure will be my next step.  I have 2 groups because I didn’t quite understand the naming conventions, but have since corrected it.  I left the first group for now because I had already invited others to my group.  This I can correct down the road. The 2 groups are; Action Research-Motivation and E-mentoring and my first site SCLopez_AR_emdt_etc_ementoring. 


Here is a link to the Diigo home page to learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment