Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Web2.0 Tool-iGoogle Site

Graphics pg1 created by Laurie Kish using iComic; Sandy Lopez using Wordle and Ai
(Waiting for permission from my team—Newbie Techs-TNT) before I activate the link)

For this post I chose the iGoogle Site tool we were introduced to in our Multiple Learning Theories course.  It was brand new to me and I thought it was amazing that our TeamNewbieTech (TNT) created a web site together, I was proud of our work and the collaboration of the team; after all we live in 5 different states-coast to coast!  We met in iChat, held meetings and each contributed to different pages, it was a real team effort, in spite of our time zone differences.  I created a few graphics for the project as well as the Summative page with a CA. teachers perspective along with the reference page at the end.  We created this site around the question; How are evaluations being used in education and corporate settings today?  

We all created gmail accounts, and similar to collaborative work that can be done using Google Docs, one member set it up and invited the rest of the team to participate until we were ready to publish it for our instructor.  In January when I introduce the web page design unit, I want the students to use this platform to create one of their websites. After learning the basics I usually have the students work on a collaborative project for one of their web page designs.  In the past I have had to get a group folder setup on our classroom server, allowing access to all students and hope that someone doesn’t delete student work by accident.  This method of collaboration with the Google Site gives control to the person who set up the account, setting permissions so only the team has access for creating, until you are ready to publish.  I will need to contact our IT dept. and investigate; to be sure we have access. I may have to present a rational to gain temporary access. I know other team members, have used it with their students, and had great success. I am looking forward to trying it out with my kids.    

No comments:

Post a Comment