Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

Free Choice: Week 1-2 DB Topic #2: Technology in My Workplace



I feel very fortunate to work for a district that has made a commitment to getting and helping teachers use technology in the classroom.  Our district recently received a technology grant and has been getting equipment; document cameras, laptops with docking stations, and ceiling mount projectors to upgrade classrooms.  In addition new teacher stations have been upgraded.  My digital arts lab is operating with Adobe CS3 and I hope to get the upgrade to CS5 with the assistance of grant monies, next year. We are able to get memory upgrades by the end of this school year, which will help with the speed of the machines.  There will be training this summer for core subject teachers, with ITEL training and I hope to meet with IT to have specific training to set up my course with an LMS. I’ve been trying to incorporate Schoology, but have not found it easy to learn, and with my time constraints, I need to get the training this summer when my graduate studies are done, and I have the time to commit. Our IT department supports Moodle and has already set up some basic structure for my class, now I need to learn it to implement with my students and train the two other teachers in my department on using an LMS for their courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment